Does your job involve sitting for 8 hours or more a day?
Do you rarely find time to exercise?
Do you suffer from incessant back pain?
You must’ve heard this – Sitting is the new smoking. And although this statement is a bit exaggerated, there are things you need to pay attention to.
It is very essential for us to have a good posture.
A perfect posture adds to our personality and also boots our confidence. However, a majority of us don’t have a good posture irrespective of whether we are standing or sitting. The reason we continue with our poor posture is that it is very comfortable, and it becomes quite irritating when we try to change it.
Poor posture causes nerve constriction as well as constriction of blood vessels, disc and joint problems, discomfort and back pain as well as problems with our muscles.
You will be amazed to know that correcting our posture is as easy as carrying out regular exercises such as single-leg extensions, Yoga, back extensions, Pilates, crunches and so on. However, what if you could change your posture in a subconscious manner without even paying attention to it?!?
The Upright GO Posture Trainer will assist you in achieving a good posture. It is a wearable device that is attached to the upper spine of the individual with the help of adhesive pads.
About Upright GO Posture Trainer
The Upright GO is a wearable device and comes with a built-in sensor in order to correct your posture, increase your core strength, and build muscle memory as well as deliver relief from your back pain. In fact, it has been found that by using Upright GO for just 15 minutes on a daily basis training program will help you in sitting straighter and standing taller within two weeks.
The device is attached to your upper spine right under your clothes and it vibrates as soon as you slouch. The device will also send you any data which it records on your Android or iOS device. This allows you to monitor your goals on a daily basis, and to track your statistics while helping you access tips and techniques along with some video tutorials.
The Upright GO product page on Amazon has over 1,500 customer ratings with 56% of those being 5-Star reviews! The product is recommended by the American Chiropractic Association and has been featured on several reputed media houses such as NBC News, BBC, Business Insider, Forbes, etc.
How does the Upright GO Posture Trainer function?
The functioning of this device is based on the operant conditioning model developed by B.F. Skinner. The theory aims to understand an individual’s behavior through the action and consequence model.
The behavior of an individual can be changed in two different ways based on the reinforcement used. The reinforcements can be classified into following three different operants:
- Neutral operants: They have absolutely no effect on the behavior of an individual.
- Reinforcers: They increase the probability of an individual repeating his/her behavior.
- Punishers: They decrease the probability of an individual repeating his/her behavior.
With respect to Upright GO, a gentle vibration serves as a ‘punisher’ as soon as an individual slouch when s/he is sitting. This will assist the individual to remember the correct behavior i.e., sitting straight. When this behavior is regularly reinforced over a period of time, it becomes a habit. This naturally translates into better posture and thus alleviates your back pain and strengthens your core.
What are the specifications of the Upright GO posture trainer?
The Upright GO Trainer weighs just 12 grams and comes in a standard size: 55.25 x 33.16 x 11.62 mm. It is made up of a silicone rubber material. The device is placed on your upper spine underneath your clothes.
Inside the device is a 3.7V lithium-ion battery which is rechargeable. It also comes with an accelerometer and a strain gauge. The battery recharging is done through a specialized cradle which is powered by a standard micro USB.
The device is both moisture and sweat-resistant. However, the device is not waterproof and will function for 10+ hours of total monitoring time.
The tracking device of Upright GO will also communicate with your smartphone app through Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0. All of the firmware updates of the device are handled with the help of a companion application.
The adhesive which is used to attach the Upright GO Posture Trainer on to your back is composed of a hypoallergenic, latex-free product. You will have to clean your device with a clean towel or wet tissue on a monthly basis.
How can you use the Upright GO Posture Trainer?
You will have to follow the 5 following steps in order to set up and use the Upright GO Posture Trainer:
- Finding where to attach the device: You will have to attach the device onto the center of your spine. You can find the exact position by placing your hands on your waist right above your hipbone. You then need to trace your thumbs backward till they meet the center of the spine. You need to attach the device to this position. Alternately, you can position the sensor between your shoulder blades in order to improve your posture when you are standing. It is essential for this area to be dry and clean. Hence you might have to clean your skin with an alcohol pad before using the adhesive.
- Attaching the adhesive: The adhesives provided by Upright are disposable and have two sides. The scotch side must be attached to the black hooks provided on the device. In addition, the liner side must be attached to your skin.
- Finding your neutral spine: This can be found by fully arching your back and then slouching forward three times. You will then have to pull your belly button towards your spine while rolling your shoulders back and dropping them. You will have to lengthen your neck and tuck in your chin. You need to be relaxed as well as comfortable throughout all these movements.
- Calibration: In this step, the device learns about your neutral spine position and your back. This is possible when you sit in a straight position while the app calibrates your position correctly. You have to repeat the same procedure in the slouched position.
- Testing & Training: The Upright GO device will start to vibrate every time you slouch during the personalized training program. You can also adjust the sensitivity as per your liking.
What is the cost of the Upright GO Posture Trainer?
The device is available at a discounted price of $79.95 for a single pack and $119.90 for a Double pack. In addition to the device, you will also receive the following:
- Micro USB Charging Cable
- Custom Training Plan
- Upright charging dock station
- iOS and Android Application
- 60 hypoallergenic adhesives
The replacement adhesives are also available online for $6.95 (10 pads) and $13.95 (30 pads). All the orders which are shipped to Israel and the US are delivered without any shipping charges. If the device is purchased directly from the manufacturers, then you will receive the product with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The device also comes with a year’s warranty against defects in workmanship and materials under normal usage.
The Upright GO has been sold to hundreds of thousands of customers who have shared their love for the product on social media. The entire posture training program is personalized which helps to improve one’s posture while reducing muscle pain.
The device is easy to set up and comes with a well-designed application. It fits right in the palm of your hand and you won’t even notice it on your back. The Upright GO uses gentle nudges to improve your posture on a consistent basis. Over the period of time, you will start receiving benefits of a better posture which includes improved confidence and stronger back health.
The Upright GO Posture Trainer is the most technologically advanced device of its kind. If you really want to improve your posture, then you really need to give this program a try.